All students in Clairton City School District have been issued a Google account. For our remote learning initiative, assignments will be posted to Google Classroom. Students will also turn in assignments via Google Classroom. Students should check their email and Google Classroom each school day for assignments and messages from their teachers.
Google Classroom can be accessed many different ways, including but not limited to:
Students can log in to their Chromebook and/or Google account (Classroom, email, chat) using the below information:
- Username / Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a dot between the first and last name
- If there is a space in the name, do not include the space
- If there is a dash or apostrophe in the name, include it
- Password: Student's 8-digit birthday (For example, if the birthday is March 1, 2008 the password would be 03012008)
**Google Classroom Help Guide for Students**
Ways for students to contact their teacher:
- Send an email to the teacher. Teachers' email addresses can be found in the Staff Directory at www.ccsdbears.org/staff
- Chat with the teacher at chat.google.com. Once on the chat.google.com page, search for the teacher's name at the top left of the page.
- You can also use the Hangouts Chat app for Android or iPhone
- Some teachers may also periodically invite students to video calls using Hangouts Meet so that they can interact with the students.
Login instructions for other school sites:
- Go.Edustar Gradebook: Same login instructions as Google above, unless student has changed their password
- iLit: firstname.lastname for the username, 8-digit birthday for the password
- IXL: First make sure student is logged in to their Google account, then click the "Sign in with Google" button on IXL
- MobyMax: Student should use the same username and password they use in school. MobyMax Home Guide
- PebbleGo: No login required if using the link from our web site
- PebbleGo Next: No login required if using the link from our web site
- Reflex Math: Student should use the same information they use in school
- Renaissance Learning (Accelerated Reader / STAR): Student should use the same username and password they use in school
- Think Central: Student should use the same username and password they use in school
- Waterford: Parents of students in K-2 should have received an email from Waterford with login information. Each student has their own unique link to log in. A step-by-step guide can be found here: Waterford at-home guide
If you are in need of Technical Support such as assistance logging in, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Please include the name(s) of the student(s) and the best number to contact you in case we need to call.