Please check this page often for the latest updates and helpful resources related to COVID-19 / Coronavirus.
Current School Status: Clairton City School District started online virtual learning as of March 30th. PA school buildings are closed by Governor Wolf until further notice.
Update from Dr. Ginny Hunt, Superintendent on March 31st: https://www.ccsdbears.org/News/covid-19-update-march-31
***Student Login Instructions & Remote Learning Information***
Free, Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) Letter to Parents & Guardians Regarding Virtual Instruction
Free Meals Still Available: During the school closure, children 18 and under can pick up Lunch and Breakfast for the following day at these locations on a first come first serve basis:
- Clairton Elementary School Entrance: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Pine Run Church (901 N 6th St, church parking lot): 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- 3rd Street Playground (Corner of N 3rd St & Division Ave): 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Century Townhomes Pavilion (CTA Pavilion Area): 11:15 am to 12:15 pm
Lunches will be hot and include a main dish, bread, vegetable, fruit, and milk. Assorted breakfast items, along with a fruit, juice, and milk will be provided for breakfast. For any question related to meal pickup, please contact Clairton Food Service Department at 412-233-9200 Ext. 1190 or email@example.com.
Online Resources to Keep Students Engaged and Learning:
- Google Classroom: This is the main area where school assignments are posted and turned in. Students should check their email and Google Classroom each school day. More information can be found on our Online Learning page: ccsdbears.org/learnonline
- Scholastic (For the below links, User Name is Learning20 and Password is Clifford):
- Waterford (Grades K - 2)
- Age of Learning: Access to the below sites can be gained using the code SCHOOL6739. For questions or help, please email customer support at Support@AofL.com.
- iLit (4 - 10): Reading practice and library selections for students. They can log in just like at school by visiting learnilit.com
- Other awesome websites for students:
- Daily Math Activities from the Math Learning Center:
- BrainPOP is currently offering free access and includes multiple subject areas: www.brainpop.com
- Username and password to log in are "ClairtonCity1"
Internet Access at Home: Clairton School District recognizes that not every family has access to the Internet at home. The following are some ways you can obtain a connection for your home at discounted rates.
- Cell Phone Hotspot: Many smartphones have a "hotspot" feature which can provide a wireless Internet connection to other devices in the home. Depending on your cellular provider and plan, this may be included free or with a small additional monthly fee. If you are unsure about your plan, contact your cellular provider for more details. If your plan does include hotspot use, this article should help you enable the feature on your phone: www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-turn-your-phone-into-a-wi-fi-hotspot
- Comcast has always offered discounted Internet access to low-income households through their Internet Essentials program at a low fee of $9.95 plus taxes per month. Due to the COVID-19 situation, they have announced new customers can sign up free for the first two months. After those two months, you can continue the service at the regular $9.95/mo or cancel the service. Find more information or apply at www.internetessentials.com/covid19
- Comcast has also made all of their "xfinitywifi" Internet hot spots free for all, even non-customers. A map of locations is available at wifi.xfinity.com.
- Lifeline: Lifeline is a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone and internet. Eligible customers will get up to $9.25 toward their bill. Find out more or apply at www.lifelinesupport.org
- Consolidated Communications is offering two free months of Internet access. More info at www.consolidated.com/offer/student
Technical Support Services: District Technology staff will be available to provide support to students and parents for our online education. We can provide assistance with logging in to any District provided services, and hardware support for district-issued devices such as Chromebooks.
To contact Technical Support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Please include the name(s) of the student(s) and the best number to contact you in case we need to call.