Elementary School Principal
WHO: Parent(s)/Guardian(s) & Students Turning (5) on or before 9/1
WHERE: Clairton Elementary School
WHEN: Tuesday, March 19th
TIME: 4:30 – 6:30 PM
RSVP: (412) 233-9200, EXT 1350 or online @ www.ccsdbears.org
Please bring the following items:
- Birth Certificate or Valid Passport
- Medical Records for Immunizations, Physical/Dental Exam & Lead Testing
- Current lease, Mortgage Statement, or Deed
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian (PA Driver’s License or other State ID)
- (1) Proof of Residency (utility bill, tax statement, etc.)
Teachers have been reading the book, “I’m Not Scared...I’m Prepared!” with students this year. As always, the safety of our staff and students is always our main priority. The book stresses the concepts needed to be prepared in an emergency situation, but in a non fearful way.
Staff and students will be practicing a simple lockdown drill on Tuesday morning at approximately 9:15 AM. No movement inside or in/out of the building will be permitted during the drill. Teachers will review safety procedures with students.
In addition, safety devices are in the process of being installed on all classroom doors. These will provide an additional layer of protection for staff and students.